Monday 12 April 2010

Do pictures matter?

Ah, we've all been there. The caption says one thing, the picture something else entirely.

Today, I caught the Metro at it.
"When I work with children we talk about people who have achieved things, like Nelson Mandela (pictured)," says Dr Linda Papadopoulos. "I ask them what they think of his appearance and they look at me like I'm mad because it is irrelevant."
When they look at you as if you are mad, Linda, are you holding up a picture of a chess board and claiming it is Nelson Mandela?

Oopsie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fellow lost souls

About Me

My photo
Why did I turn out such a pedant? Well you'd have to ask my TV-banning, lentil-baking, library-enforcing, doctor-eschewing, beanbag-sitting, grammar-correcting, homeopathic, 2nd dan black belt, all-round no-nonsense mother. 'Cos me, I got no idea.