Tuesday 22 December 2009

Confessions of a sub-editor

I am a sub-editor and I love it. I love the spellings, the grammar and the punctuation - and nothing makes me laugh more than a damn good typo. Or the time my Japanese friend emailed me that his colleagues were giving him a shit.

This is a blog for my glamorous and esteemed colleagues Kit and The Bastard, and for anyone of an equally nerdy leaning.

Today I have only two offerings. The first, musings on love and its relationship with convenience retailing:
[Famous retail chain's] head of marketing support, [let's protect his name], says he now aims to build up a communications message as the shopper progresses through the store, a process that he likens to dating. “It starts with teasing and results, hopefully, in closure,” he says.
And the second, a crystal-clear conclusion:
With better research and more sophisticated techniques being applied by a greater range of companies, there are plenty of reasons to argue that price is far from the only trick left to distract the post-recession consumer focus on price.
Enjoy, if you dare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fellow lost souls

About Me

My photo
Why did I turn out such a pedant? Well you'd have to ask my TV-banning, lentil-baking, library-enforcing, doctor-eschewing, beanbag-sitting, grammar-correcting, homeopathic, 2nd dan black belt, all-round no-nonsense mother. 'Cos me, I got no idea.