Tuesday 22 December 2009

Just deserts

A big thank you to Sally Baker, feedback editor at The Times – article here.

Well I never! It is "just deserts", not "just desserts", as I had always assumed, meaning "that which is deserved".

Now to slip that into a festive party conversation or two. Possibly when the desserts come out. Should ensure I have rather more free time on my hands come next December...

Oh, and... courtesy of Trog, an example of great subbing and temporal confusion, courtesy of the Times Online.

The 50 Biggest Movies of 2009
Our selection of the fifty most exciting blockbuster films for the year ahead



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fellow lost souls

About Me

My photo
Why did I turn out such a pedant? Well you'd have to ask my TV-banning, lentil-baking, library-enforcing, doctor-eschewing, beanbag-sitting, grammar-correcting, homeopathic, 2nd dan black belt, all-round no-nonsense mother. 'Cos me, I got no idea.