Friday 19 March 2010

Data analysts: love 'em

Hold on to your hats, folks, here's some smokin' hot news about barbecues.
"The BBQ is a summer event, which is enjoyed by younger families and a third of the time with friends or relatives. Enjoyment is a primary need for having BBQ food (77%), this manifests itself through social entertaining, creating favourites and treating needs. New occasions in the last year were more about treating and creating special occasions than social entertaining or habit."
Those of you who thought it was a winter hobby best enjoyed alone and with only a small necessity for food, you were wrong!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure which part is most odd, enjoyment 'manifests itself', 'new occasions [...] were more about treating and creating special occasions', or the apparent 'fact' that only younger families seem to derive enjoyment from them: and then 'a third of the time with friends or relatives'.

    This paragraph actively resists deconstruction. I fear it may be alive.

    Well, we had a chat, and it taught me one thing. Sometimes, just sometimes, the only meaningful mode of criticism is total and complete verbatim repetition, accompanied by a quizzical look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They make things worse by calling it "BBQ" rather than barbecue, which makes me want to jab them in the eye with hot "BBQ" tongs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is alive! Godzilla stylee!

    Reminds me of one of my favourite Bill Bryson comments: "Any journalist or other formal user of English who believes that the word is spelled barbeque or, worse still, bar-b-q is not ready for unsupervised employment."

    ReplyDelete

Fellow lost souls

About Me

My photo
Why did I turn out such a pedant? Well you'd have to ask my TV-banning, lentil-baking, library-enforcing, doctor-eschewing, beanbag-sitting, grammar-correcting, homeopathic, 2nd dan black belt, all-round no-nonsense mother. 'Cos me, I got no idea.