Tuesday 23 March 2010

Oh the shame...

Well you try to do a good thing. Pfft.

With the news team understaffed and the subs desk undersupplied with copy, I agreed to write a story. Now, when I write, I don't think in the same way as when I sub. I try to write nicely, but I don't pore over the details in the same way - I know it's going to be edited and I trust those who are going to do the editing. Feel free to read the two sentences preceding this one as what they are: excuses.

I committed what is pretty much a capital offence in our office.

I spelled Procter & Gamble wrong.

Much hectoring from Hegarty & Co.

Time for seppuku.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fellow lost souls

About Me

My photo
Why did I turn out such a pedant? Well you'd have to ask my TV-banning, lentil-baking, library-enforcing, doctor-eschewing, beanbag-sitting, grammar-correcting, homeopathic, 2nd dan black belt, all-round no-nonsense mother. 'Cos me, I got no idea.